Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Before pic for reference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210814-200926_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210814-200926_Gallery.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 1
Somehow they (or one individual) got into my silverbeet and ate it all, so after 3 tries of fencing it and planting more I gave in and now just let them have that garden bed... They're dust bathing in it now..
IMG_20210928_110155.jpg

..and Biscuit started crowing again thankfully, although not at night or morning only during the day so far. My neighbours would be happy about that! Must have been a period of mourning after I culled the 2 roosters.

Somehow they (or one individual) got into my silverbeet and ate it all, so after 3 tries of fencing it and planting more I gave in and now just let them have that garden bed... They're dust bathing in it now..
View attachment 2848771

..and Biscuit started crowing again thankfully, although not at night or morning only during the day so far. My neighbours would be happy about that! Must have been a period of mourning after I culled the 2 roosters.
That is a great photo. 😍

I hatched another silkie mix and it has fused back toes on it's left foot and no back toe on it's right foot, but it has the fifth toe (fourth in this case) sorry I know this pics are not the best!
20210928_101716.jpg
20210928_101726.jpg

I stopped getting alerts again 😡

Edited to say: oops I didn't stop getting alerts, I just didn't see the one that I got yesterday :oops:

Last edited:
I set 15 eggs on Saturday and can already see development in 14 of them.😁
My daughter thought we should give a few eggs to perpetually broody Layla. I gave her a few of Astrid’s eggs thinking if they hatch great, if they don’t that’s OK too.
I have seen Eko mating Astrid (standard) when he’s out with the big girls.
I came back later and Layla had kicked both the real eggs far out of the nest, and was happily sitting on two fake ones. Oh well, maybe we’ll try again another time.🤣

Puff is on 12 eggs and off in that dust bath now, I checked the eggs and couldn't see any veins but I left them all since it's only been 2 nights. I hope all aren't infertile!! Or it's just that I don't have a good eye!
View attachment 2848783

Exciting! I hope you'll be able to see something in the next few days! :fl

I hatched another silkie mix and it has fused back toes on it's left foot and no back toe on it's right foot, but it has the fifth toe (fourth in this case) sorry I know this pics are not the best!
View attachment 2849161
View attachment 2849163

I stopped getting alerts again 😡

Edited to say: oops I didn't stop getting alerts, I just didn't see the one that I got yesterday :oops:

It's so funny what kind of odd toes the mixes get sometimes! Very cute little munchkin! 🥰

I set 15 eggs on Saturday and can already see development in 14 of them.😁
My daughter thought we should give a few eggs to perpetually broody Layla. I gave her a few of Astrid’s eggs thinking if they hatch great, if they don’t that’s OK too.
I have seen Eko mating Astrid (standard) when he’s out with the big girls.
I came back later and Layla had kicked both the real eggs far out of the nest, and was happily sitting on two fake ones. Oh well, maybe we’ll try again another time.🤣

That is wonderful, I hope you get a great hatch out of them! I've got some goofy girls too that make some odd choices when broody (some prefer not to sit on any eggs at all). :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom