Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
All 3 Astrid babies hatched last night/early this morning. These were the ones that were under Layla but moved to the incubator.
They are cute little fluffers.😊
6F793F95-5EC0-4547-AC24-614B23702425.jpeg
977394CB-4B2E-43A6-8F79-8B4DEECE5714.jpeg

You guys!! I just got my very first chicken egg!! :wee :wee:celebrate:celebrate

And I think it’s from a silkie! Thoughts? The size and color seems right? I found it in the pine shavings in the coop they don’t live in haha, but my cochins are too young and the Silkies are the oldest girls. I’m so eggcited!! 😁

Attachments

• A9877E92-C6F0-4EB9-A654-BF1A53523F4A.jpeg
    A9877E92-C6F0-4EB9-A654-BF1A53523F4A.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 1
You guys!! I just got my very first chicken egg!! :wee :wee:celebrate:celebrate

And I think it’s from a silkie! Thoughts? The size and color seems right? I found it in the pine shavings in the coop they don’t live in haha, but my cochins are too young and the Silkies are the oldest girls. I’m so eggcited!! 😁
Congrats on the new egg! 😃
:wee
Yes definitely could be a silkie. Mine are all kind of a pale tan like that as well.
They usually weigh anywhere between 30 and 44 g if that helps.😊

Congrats on the new egg! 😃
:wee
Yes definitely could be a silkie. Mine are all kind of a pale tan like that as well.
They usually weigh anywhere between 30 and 44 g if that helps.😊
Yeah, it’s only a tiny bit bigger than my quails triple yolk egg! It’s so tiny! And very pale creamy tan. I’ve been waiting since APRIL 😆 so happy! Hehe

So, I have been trying to get a pair of pullets all year, I hatched eggs several times, and even picked up a few from tractor supply ALL BOYS. Re-homed them as gender became apparent. Now I have 4 6 month olds, I know one is a cockerel for sure and suspect another, one hen I think based of behavior and round crest, however at 6 months would a beardless hen have wattles? Only one is beardless and I assumed it's a male as well, but then I realized they're getting somewhat close to potential laying age. I need to take some good pictures. I'm just really hoping to have two girls!

So, I have been trying to get a pair of pullets all year, I hatched eggs several times, and even picked up a few from tractor supply ALL BOYS. Re-homed them as gender became apparent. Now I have 4 6 month olds, I know one is a cockerel for sure and suspect another, one hen I think based of behavior and round crest, however at 6 months would a beardless hen have wattles? Only one is beardless and I assumed it's a male as well, but then I realized they're getting somewhat close to potential laying age. I need to take some good pictures. I'm just really hoping to have two girls!
Oh man, that’s the worst! You haven’t had the best luck so far! I hope you have two girls too! Definitely post pics, they know their silkies here! 😁

Yes, definitely post some photos! Good clear side view full body and also side view of the head showing full crest and another photo of the comb with crest pushed back with one hand.😊

Back
Top Bottom