Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Welcome back! Can't wait to see pics?! What ages are they?
My white roo and one of the white hens along with my buff are all three years old. the other 2 white along with the other roo are soon to be a year (in late march I think) but the splash and blue are are 1 year and in 6 days they will be 1 year and 1 month. The polish hen I have with my flock is also 3 years. How about yours? (Assuming you have them)

They dont crow a lot
Audrey Hepburn Reaction GIF

My white roo and one of the white hens along with my buff are all three years old. the other 2 white along with the other roo are soon to be a year (in late march I think) but the splash and blue are are 1 year and in 6 days they will be 1 year and 1 month. The polish hen I have with my flock is also 3 years. How about yours? (Assuming you have them)
Oh so you have em spread out in age as well!
I have 3 that are 9 months old and then I have 4 that are 9 weeks old!
I had a polish roo but had to rehome him due to his early maturity and size.. much larger than my lil silkies.

I need to get new pics of everyone. I built a homeless encampment w heat for the chicks outside due to cold and possibly ice in a few hours (did a final cleaning of the garage, so no more coming back inside).. so i need to wait until Saturday mornings. The two silkies look ADORABLE and im hoping i can keep them as a m/f pair.

One of the tolbunts i thought would be male has some very rounded crest feather tips 🤔 so I might have a second female tolbunt. I can't take apart the encampment, or I'd post pics now. There's a mini lantern in there for light too!

20220120_104308.jpg

Well... i HOPE i can have one.. that doesn't drive me crazy :fl
Im hoping vanilla stays calm with his crowing. Never owned silkies before this silkie trio, also, does anyone else have them do zoomies? Like vanilla and bean (mainly vanilla) bean just copies. Will sprint full spead to one side, turn around, speed to the other. Luckily hes a gentleman and will walk around bean mid sprint to insure he doesnt ram over her. 😂

Im hoping vanilla stays calm with his crowing. Never owned silkies before this silkie trio, also, does anyone else have them do zoomies? Like vanilla and bean (mainly vanilla) bean just copies. Will sprint full spead to one side, turn around, speed to the other. Luckily hes a gentleman and will walk around bean mid sprint to insure he doesnt ram over her. 😂
All of mine, silkies included, did turbo zoomies. I love it!! Its nice to see how happy and safe they feel! I have a polkie chick that is the zoomie queen at the moment, I call her the kerfuffle maker, drives the others crazy 🤣

Back
Top Bottom