Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 790 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.5%

• Total voters
Yea.. i think the one thing i can say definitively is.. it looks much more like the male than the female. I'd think by now it would have some semblance of a female hairdo.. especially given they are all from the same parents.

Local regulations here require chicks to be at least 8 weeks old before they can be sold, and space is getting cramped, so i think I'll get them rehomed next week. Unless miraculous poofie hairdos emerge! Still happy I got one girl, and loving the silkies and polkie!

No more chick buying for sure.. if they all manage to hatch and raise some, cool, but no more being mama hen for me 😆
Interesting law about the chicks age. Wonder what the reasoning is?
Good luck rehoming!😊

Yea.. i think the one thing i can say definitively is.. it looks much more like the male than the female. I'd think by now it would have some semblance of a female hairdo.. especially given they are all from the same parents.

Local regulations here require chicks to be at least 8 weeks old before they can be sold, and space is getting cramped, so i think I'll get them rehomed next week. Unless miraculous poofie hairdos emerge! Still happy I got one girl, and loving the silkies and polkie!

No more chick buying for sure.. if they all manage to hatch and raise some, cool, but no more being mama hen for me 😆
I just love their crazy hairdos! How fun, but sad because I sort of think male too...although I am not one of the experts on Polkies or Silkies! :)

Yall the chick bug bit me hard...all yalls fault! 😃
So a guy that has a farm is on his way to get Mango, Milli and Vanilli. They've both been BROODY for a week and no eggs!
I've been lockin them out of their little coop in an effort to break their broodiness.
I looked out the window and I see Milli sitting on a make do nest she made out of hay thrown in the run!
I didn't think anything of it til I let Mango out of the little run one last time and he goes over and uncovers a little egg!!!
I've been watching for her to lay so I could get one last one of HER's specifically cuz she is a light splash in an effort of a pretty blue baby!
My grandson n I brought it inside so that gives us 1 of hers and 6 of Vanilli's that are all we have left!
Incubating TOMORROW!!!
I'll miss these first little cuties but I pray they will have a happy time on a farm!

Interesting law about the chicks age. Wonder what the reasoning is?
Good luck rehoming!😊
I think its to keep the people who dont know what they are doing from buying a cute baby chick for their kid to play with.. without heat or proper preparation. So by 8 weeks you could sell a chick and it would be more likely to survive and eliminates the cute impulse buy phase. This doesn't go for farms, just residentially zoned sellers (because that would make them pets vs livestock).

I just love their crazy hairdos! How fun, but sad because I sort of think male too...although I am not one of the experts on Polkies or Silkies! :)
Its ok.. i was initially thinking male too.. but when it didn't grow as massively as the other male i was wishfully reconsidering 😂

Ultimately, i needed at least one as a friend for Esmeralda, and I got one!!

Floof is getting heavy:yesss:.
20220110_144344.jpg
20220110_144349.jpg

Grandpa Scaredy for comparison.
20210109_142242.jpg
20210109_142250.jpg

Back
Top Bottom