Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
The little one has improved SO much! It looks like it can hold it's head higher today and it's not as crooked. I bought a little jar of vitamins and minerals from Tractor Supply yesterday that I can put in their water and then I've been chopping up pieces of a fried egg and giving it to them as well. And whenever I hold it I try to massage it's neck even though there's not much to massage! But the little floofer has improved so much!
Great news!:wee

congrats on your little babies! 😍
I’ve had some with vaults like this!🤣
Color on this one looks really interesting. Would love to see a photo of it all fluffed up!
Well, she turned out to 100% silkie (puff meister is 1/2 bred back to her silkie dad 100% partridge).. It's the little white one in the pic out with mom and siblings this morning.

The little one has improved SO much! It looks like it can hold it's head higher today and it's not as crooked. I bought a little jar of vitamins and minerals from Tractor Supply yesterday that I can put in their water and then I've been chopping up pieces of a fried egg and giving it to them as well. And whenever I hold it I try to massage it's neck even though there's not much to massage! But the little floofer has improved so much!
This is so good to hear!!! I've never been sorry for trying to help one out...only had 2 that both had slipped tendons with exposed bone are the only ones that didn't are it...and one was sure a lil fighter!

@kurby22 I am soooooo happy u got some babies!!!

Question for you genetics experts: how can you have a ¼ silkie and ¾ cochin baby?

This is so good to hear!!! I've never been sorry for trying to help one out...only had 2 that both had slipped tendons with exposed bone are the only ones that didn't are it...and one was sure a lil fighter!

Question for you genetics experts: how can you have a ¼ silkie and ¾ cochin baby?
Hehe thank you! I need more chickens like I need a hole in the head, but I can't stop myself!! :th

A 1/4 silkie 3/4 cochin...means this I believe:

full (4/4) silkie x full (4/4)cochin = 1/2 silkie 1/2 cochin baby

1/2 cochin 1/2 silkie baby crossed with a full (4/4) cochin = a 1/4 silkie and 3/4 cochin :)

I can answer the silkie question... Take Puff Meister, she's 1/2 silkie. If I breed her back to dad (silkie) the babes will be 3/4 silkie or 75%. If I breed her back to a non silkie, then the babies will only be 1/4 silkie.

Hehe thank you! I need more chickens like I need a hole in the head, but I can't stop myself!! :th

A 1/4 silkie 3/4 cochin...means this I believe:

full (4/4) silkie x full (4/4)cochin = 1/2 silkie 1/2 cochin baby

1/2 cochin 1/2 silkie baby crossed with a full (4/4) cochin = a 1/4 silkie and 3/4 cochin :)
Thank yall @CSolis
So thats why some are referred to as a "cross"?

Also like my 75% Silkie chicks that just hatched on Saturday. Mom is half Silkie, Dad is full Silkie.😊
2209BE47-9FE4-4907-AA89-17BC6C173E2D.jpeg
F0CA26F6-2E3C-4EC5-A505-18A453064C88.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom