Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
20220930_181731_2.gif
She has 9 here, added a 10th (3rd sexlink boy) afterwards
20220930_181731_1.gif

Out with the flock. After wondering around awhile they come over to where I am sitting and wait patiently for me to open the shed where I keep the mealworms. Sometimes they will just stare at the doors, as if they are willing it to open.🤣View attachment 3276908View attachment 3276909View attachment 3276912View attachment 3276913View attachment 3276914
They are just beautiful and so cute!
Mine have learned where the treat bucket is and when I take lid off to get treats out there was one that would stand on edge and lean in and help herself...Chatty the d'uccle of course...now the "leaners" are growing in numbers lol!

Out with the flock. After wondering around awhile they come over to where I am sitting and wait patiently for me to open the shed where I keep the mealworms. Sometimes they will just stare at the doors, as if they are willing it to open.🤣View attachment 3276908View attachment 3276909View attachment 3276912View attachment 3276913View attachment 3276914

That is hilarious. Mine will yell at me if they want or need something and follow me until I pay attention.

The cochin/silkie I have looks a lot like your black ones.

All of her offspring have been black and silkied. Statistically at least one out of the 18 or so should have been regular feathered.

View attachment 3276921She has 9 here, added a 10th (3rd sexlink boy) afterwardsView attachment 3276920
Such cuties! I can't wait till I have a dependable moma to teach em!

Wonderful! Will you just pick out a few

She has some gorgeous birds.🥰
Will you just keep the ones you need for your satin project and then sell the rest?😊
What about all the Cochin babies?
Just thinking out loud for you!❤️
There is 1 buff egg and 2 lavender/Black eggs in the cochin hatch...so the others will be sold...unless u can help me grasp more color combos like ya did the lavender/black!
Yeah I'll keep the best of the best in the Silkie hatch from her...of boys and girls and sell others.
I'm wondering if I even need my porcelain d'uccles now that are all girls?! Their porcelain is beautiful and still coming in...their feet feathers are beautiful! But I do prefer the chunky, thicker, short babies. So idk...
That's why I ordered the cochins but then not a single porcelain came!

Oh good! Man what would I do without you!?!

Oh speaking of you....lolol
I got to thinking bout how I was supposed to get some porcelain eggs in that batch of cochins but none and only 1 buff...so I did a thing yall!!! :D

I contacted the lady @LynnaePB (i think it was her) had mentioned - Bobbi Porta and ordered a dozen porcelain and buff eggs coming next week all SILKIES!!!
:celebrate
Chicken math. Just saying.
There is 1 buff egg and 2 lavender/Black eggs in the cochin hatch...so the others will be sold...unless u can help me grasp more color combos like ya did the lavender/black!
Yeah I'll keep the best of the best in the Silkie hatch from her...of boys and girls and sell others.
I'm wondering if I even need my porcelain d'uccles now that are all girls?!
I was editing my post and you answered it before I had a chance to save it. Oh well, all good! 🤣

To avoid any later regrets (I always regret selling mine), I suggest you wait to sell any of your current birds until these chicks hatch and have a chance to grow out a bit so you can pick out which ones will work best for you with your project. Can’t wait to see what you hatch.🥰

That is hilarious. Mine will yell at me if they want or need something and follow me until I pay attention.

The cochin/silkie I have looks a lot like your black ones.

All of her offspring have been black and silkied. Statistically at least one out of the 18 or so should have been regular feathered.
Chickens certainly keep us entertained. 🤣

Those are some unusual stats, for sure. You would think around half would be smooth feathered 😊

Chicken math. Just saying.

I was editing my post and you answered it before I had a chance to save it. Oh well, all good! 🤣

To avoid any later regrets (I always regret selling mine), I suggest you wait to sell any of your current birds until these chicks hatch and have a chance to grow out a bit so you can pick out which ones will work best for you with your project. Can’t wait to see what you hatch.🥰
Hummmm....the problem is space
And that's not even taking into consideration how illegal I am? :confused:
Let's just say when we came home yesterday from DH cataract surgery there were two animal control vehicles on our street...to say I was panicked was an understatement!

Back
Top Bottom