Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 781 95.9%
  • ^

Votes: 94 11.5%

• Total voters
You should check with a Paint breeder. If they have any of their breeding pens with paint over paint, then 25% of the chicks will be dominant white. I just hatched one!😊

Very good reply as white silkies are supposed to be recessive white. I think paint is the only use for dominant white.

Oh my, no smooth feathers?

The cochin silkie mom would be F1, her babies will be second gen. IF I got that right.

All of the dozen in the clutch were silkied which surprised me. It should have been half and half statistically. I've never had that happen with any other crossbreed hen. The 2 chicks from the latest hatch aren't old enough yet.

Hi guys, I have a weird chicken question...so one of my silkie girls Jewel has started an interesting behavior recently. She will be fine one minute then the next she acts like she sees something on the ground, (but there's nothing there) and she'll start jumping and flapping her wings and sqwaking like somethings after her! She has done this twice in the past few days. Is it potentially an illness or something else? Thanks!

did she hear any noise that frightened her?

Back
Top Bottom