Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Anyone around Puyallup, Wa wanting the 3 little black 3/4 silkie- 1/4 bantam cochin pullets? They are 17 weeks. Also the 17 week old cross color silkie.

20221126_122048.jpg
20221121_154402.jpg

20221121_154139.jpg

There is also this 11 week old mixed pullet
20221126_123129.jpg

And her brother
20221121_153853_01.jpg

Questions on colours...

My Splash boy with my hens, what colours does he make?
And my orange boy with my hens?
Which one will I more likely get partridge colouring?

I may have to get rid of the Splash because he's terrorising the hens a bit too much although I'm hoping he will calm down at the moment it's really stressing the hens out and they hid in the coop often 😞
IMG_20221007_134449.jpg
IMG_20221007_135225.jpg

Questions on colours...

My Splash boy with my hens, what colours does he make?
And my orange boy with my hens?
Which one will I more likely get partridge colouring?

I may have to get rid of the Splash because he's terrorising the hens a bit too much although I'm hoping he will calm down at the moment it's really stressing the hens out and they hid in the coop often 😞
View attachment 3334825View attachment 3334826

What color are the hens? Orange is likely the variant partridge color.

Splash will give blue chicks with leakage in hackles

The orange one has a much better tail

Here's another little project I have going on. The Lone Ranger (only male I kept of the 3 blue splashes from PP and SC) in with the 'Golden Girls'. One is a silkie/bantam BO mix, the other two are from my BO, or Star Shine (???) and KE.. KE puts the size on the kids and at times muffs and pants.
The pullet next to him is a daughter of a bantam BO and my partridge silkie roo.View attachment 3331213
Gal on the left is Starshine's daughter, while the one on the right is a bantam BO.View attachment 3331214
Note the blue earlobs on Red CloudView attachment 3331216
We have a head start on leg feathering.View attachment 3331219
Wouldn't you know it.. give them nesting boxes, buckets and tubs and where do the eggs go?View attachment 3331221
I like your bantam BO!!! Look at those floofy feetsies!

😢 Unfortunately Buttons didn't even survive the night, hard as rock in the morning, no idea why 🤷

On more positive news, pic of newly hat hatched chickie ... She had 3 eggs under her but they were cold when I took them off the broody with 5 chicks so I didn't have much hope. 1 egg with chick inside died from cold I think, other egg disappeared 🤷 but this one hatched ....
View attachment 3333639
So sorry about buttons 😢

What a cute solo chick, does it look like there's some makeup eyeliner going on there? (That always makes me think female...)

😢 Unfortunately Buttons didn't even survive the night, hard as rock in the morning, no idea why 🤷

On more positive news, pic of newly hat hatched chickie ... She had 3 eggs under her but they were cold when I took them off the broody with 5 chicks so I didn't have much hope. 1 egg with chick inside died from cold I think, other egg disappeared 🤷 but this one hatched ....
View attachment 3333639
Awe! I am so sorry!!! Poor girl! Hopefully this lil one does well!

Back
Top Bottom