Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 790 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.5%

• Total voters
I'm lucking out this spring. I have two buyers coming for Roosters! Usually it's hard to sell them and I got overloaded. Sold 4 already and two more sales in the works so far.
IMGP0010.JPG

This is her. She was rather large for a silkie mix, but had the beard and crest. And no, I never got to see her father.View attachment 3774975
Awwwwww she almost looks like my paint silky mix with my roo fly by nights babies. I have a male and docile female from them. But I do see the golden speckles a little around her neck in that pic…… I was just curious because I have one black copper hen and thought a silky mix might be fun…

Awwwwww she almost looks like my paint silky mix with my roo fly by nights babies. I have a male and docile female from them. But I do see the golden speckles a little around her neck in that pic…… I was just curious because I have one black copper hen and thought a silky mix might be fun…
I was busy posting pics of her offspring with my blue silkie boy while you were responding. LOL

Better lighting and a look at it's back and side would help tell. Might have to wait for the juvenile feathers to tell though
Here is a picture of her back in daylight and another with the flash on. Also an additional photo of her day old chick down, I thought it might be helpful. I still can’t tell if she’s a regular brown partridge, silver or blue. She didn’t have any brown in her day old fluff.
Name ideas would also be appreciated! Tracking its development, its looking pullet.

Attachments

• IMG_4009.jpeg
    IMG_4009.jpeg
    571.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4010.jpeg
    IMG_4010.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3529.jpeg
    IMG_3529.jpeg
    367.2 KB · Views: 3
Here is a picture of her back in daylight and another with the flash on. Also an additional photo of her day old chick down, I thought it might be helpful. I still can’t tell if she’s a regular brown partridge, silver or blue. She didn’t have any brown in her day old fluff.
Name ideas would also be appreciated! Tracking its development, its looking pullet.

Looks like a regular partridge from the pictures.

Back
Top Bottom