Silly babies!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by welovechickens, Mar 7, 2009.

1. welovechickens

welovechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    My 2 bantam chicks keep grabbing each others toes, like they think it's a nice juicy worm. Is this a sign that they are hungry, or just curious? I've never kept just 2 chicks by themselves, so I don't know what they do to keep themselves entertained! haha

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    It's a baby curiousity thing. They should stop in time when they learn that it's not food.

Congrats on the new babies!!

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I agree with the other posts. Not to worry. You can put a small stuffed animal in the brooder with them. Their curiosity will eventually get the best of them and they will explore it. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. welovechickens

welovechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Speaking of nice juicy worms, my mom dug up some small earthworms from our garden and we offered them to all the babies. They were timid at first, but then apparently their instinct took over. They went CRAZY! Even the banties each ate a couple, though I'm not sure where they fit them. haha! They're still such teeny things!

Are there any other fun bugs I can offer them, that they would enjoy? (I can't believe all the times I've raised baby chicks and never thought of giving them goodies when they were still tiny babies!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by