Silver and platinum wood ducks

your right Dan on the pintails, Mike was involved with that. And if memory recalls, he also had silver woodies back in the late 80's or early 90's on some of the trips up to see he and Ali, though dont quote me on that, but seems like I saw them there that far back. Was thinking he had something to do with it when DT asked, but was too foggy on it to remember 100%... I also remember a guy in Kentucky I think selling some of the first, his name is on the tip of my tongue but like you said been so long and so many come and go in this.
Will post it when I think of it

It wasn't the Brundiges that sent me the photos and info. In the coming days, I will try to search through old notebooks & boxes to see if I can find them. Need to pull out some stuff for gbwf anyway, so hopefully they'll be in there.

I also remember an article in the Gazette in the 80s when both the Apricot & White Wood Ducks. Packed away somewhere, going by memory, I think it was by the Lubbocks as well. It seemed that the 80s was the peak of both the Gazette & APWS, it's been downhill ever since. We have the internet, but it seemed like it was a closer community in those days and more people were actually involved in aviculture (even more popular if you go back to the old issues in the 50s & 60s, but I'm not that old). I've seen numbers drop big time of those interested in Galliforme & Anseriforme aviculture in the last two decades (I've heard many make the same comment from all over the US). On the flip side, never seen chickens so popular!!

Dan

pretty much have to agree with all that Dan, for my time here on this Earth, yes it seemed like the 80's were the peek of all of it. Everyone knew everyone, and there were breeders all over the place with virtually anything you needed....Now a days, you have to scrape and dig just to find a few otherwise common species...and often pay 4 times the price.... I do know for a fact that Mike had the white and apricot as well as the white mandarins in the late 80's, they actually had a ton of them then. That was the first place I ever saw a white wood duck or mandarin in person back then... haha if I remember right, the white mandarins were about $800 a pair then

Hi friends!I call breeder who sell me silver wood ducks last year.I told him about this forum and conversation.
He will come on this forum in future.His name is Sandar. He send me some pictures of his ducks.Pictures are from other Croatian forum where I found him before.

Enjoy!I think you will be satisfied with his ducks.

Silver Wood Duck

srbjato.jpg

pb172906.jpg

male2t.jpg

Platinum Wood Duck

platinumx.jpg

Platinum female with Silver male

platinumisrebrni.jpg

Greetings

Hello to everyone.
My friend and colleague " Belgrade"directed me to this site. My name is Sandar. I live in Belgrade,Serbia. I am a breeder mandarin and wood ducks and their mutations. I finally found some time to join you on this forum and meet you with my birds. All pictures that I showed youthe exclusive pictures of birds on my property.

I have the largest flock of Silver Wood Ducks in this part of the world (outside the U.S.).I have 4 bloodlines of them. On this forum I saw pictures of 1 bloodline my birds ( from Poland, "lobo").
I also have the platinum mutation. Next year I expect Platinum mutation in males. Now I've got Platinum female and Split Platinum males.

My Platinum Wood Duck

Greetings

Last edited:
These are gorgeous Birds,

hope to be able to afford them in the near futere, did you breed the platinum from the silvers or did you import it,

Greetz Peacock

Back
Top Bottom