Silver Appleyard’s Blue Feathers Hidden?

Jenbirdee

Expecting Miracles
Premium Feather Member
Aug 9, 2020
Maryland
this is BLOSSOM in the front and i’ve never seen any blue feathers on her like my Welsh harlequins have. I was just looking at pictures of silver apple yards that do have the blue feathers… could hers be hidden ? I guess in the morning I’m gonna catch her and spread out her wing and see what I find but I wonder if maybe they grow in later when she’s older after a molt perhaps ? she’s only 10 months old now. on the other hand, I just found a couple of pretty blue feathers on the ground and said oh no is one of my Welshies molting again? They just molted in the last few months.!!?! i was looking at them today and they don’t seem to have lost any feathers. This is why I’m wondering if blossom is starting a molt and perhaps she’s the one dropping these beautiful blue feathers that are somehow hidden and I haven’t happened to notice them before.

Attachments

• 0DD992B3-647B-40E4-AC7F-5ED7E318B9F8.jpeg
    0DD992B3-647B-40E4-AC7F-5ED7E318B9F8.jpeg
    635 KB · Views: 26
I wish I knew more about Appleyards besides they are beautiful ducks , but I don't.
If Blossom is in molt let us know if she gets in blue feathers when she is done.

This is so weird I have never had ducks or chickens molt this time of year and now I have, anyone have an explanation?

Last edited:
I wish I knew more about Appleyards besides they are beautiful ducks , but I don't.
If Blossom is in molt let us know if she gets in blue feathers when she is done.

This is so weird I have never had ducks or chickens molt this time of year and now I have, anyone have an explanation?
could it be El Nino?! 🤔

My chickens are still molting but most of them are done. My Pekin ducks molded in late August into September but didn't molt this late in the winter. We are almost into January.

My chickens are still molting but most of them are done. My Pekin ducks molded in late August into September but didn't molt this late in the winter. We are almost into January.
how far north are you? i’m in north eastern maryland the coldest it gets in january and feb is about 5 degrees but sometimes with winds factor it’s feel like 15 below . that’s when i make all my birds stay inside my bird-garage-room . i’m mad at them for molting now! 2 started 2 weeks ago but 3 more just started now! 😡

how far north are you? i’m in north eastern maryland the coldest it gets in january and feb is about 5 degrees but sometimes with winds factor it’s feel like 15 below . that’s when i make all my birds stay inside my bird-garage-room . i’m mad at them for molting now! 2 started 2 weeks ago but 3 more just started now! 😡
Do you get much snow?

Back
Top Bottom