Silver Appleyard Indian Runner Duckling - 5.5 Week old pics, 26th May

She is going to be so pretty!!
smile.png

How adorable! I am so jealous! The pictures you posted previously really have made me want to work with that color in Runners, as if I need to be working with more Runner colors, LOL. She is a cutie.
smile.png

She's VERY friendly too...and quite intelligent. She knows about 3 to 4 commands now...still working on "Play Time" so she play fights with me like the white Campbell does
smile.png

How close is she to a true Silver Appleyard duckling?
I searched for them on google but it brought back 1 week old pics, or adult pics.
When she was 2 weeks she looked the same as Silver Appleyard ducklings on google...but I can't find any on google as they are starting to feather out.

The place where I got them has no less than 18 different runner duck colors...they sell them around the world as show ducks.
Apparently it took Graham 15 years from scratch to breed the Appleyard color to what he has now.

Cheers,

Woka

Quote:
Same here...except it was me who loves runner
big_smile.png

I got her from: http://www.waterfowlworld.co.uk/

It's
a duck and goose farm based in North Wales...just over from the English border.
Bit of a drive there to get her...but it's the only place in the world I believe that does Appleyard Runners.

Woka

Quote:
Same here...except it was me who loves runner
big_smile.png

I got her from: http://www.waterfowlworld.co.uk/

It's
a duck and goose farm based in North Wales...just over from the English border.
Bit of a drive there to get her...but it's the only place in the world I believe that does Appleyard Runners.

Woka

In that case...
hit.gif
I'm assuming they won't ship to west USA.
smack.gif
Someone here needs to breed those!
Enjoy your beautiful gal!

ETA: I just noticed you are the one with the White Campbell also...you have very gorgeous (and productive if I remember the thread correctly) ducks! I'm envious of your flock.
wink.png
Don't think we can get those out here...

Last edited:
Yes. I do have the white Campbell...still 1 egg / day...only 3 missed days since 2nd Sept 2009, and they were in October and November. I am hoping this Runner will be a productive duck.
I heard that you couldn't get Campbells in the USA too...well some people say you "can", but they are bred from a tin can, some concrete and a magpie...somehow people in the states think that's a Campbell. Hmmmmm.

When I picked up the Runner 2 weeks ago Graham, the duck breeder, was saying how he sells the ducks world wide and he's travelled to Chicago and Amsterdam with them. He had over 3600 eggs in monster incubators and god knows how many hatched critters. Some serious breeding
big_smile.png

I am assuming that is if someone is buying 50+ ducks from him and not just 1 as a pet like I did. Not sure how he transports them...I didn't ask.

You can always email him...it can't hurt...He has white Campbells too.

Woka

Quote:
LOL! You crack me up.
lau.gif
That is so true where the Whites are concerned. Breed development and re-creation seems to be a very touchy topic though, so I will leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom