DuckDuckJuice

Songster
Feb 2, 2021
Ohio
We just added two Silver Appleyard girls to our flock of three Pekins (two male, one female) and a Khaki Campbell (female) to balance out the numbers. I’m considering hatching out some of the Pekin/Appleyard eggs in the future and am wondering if anyone else has tried this and what the ducklings looked like? Also, any general info on Appleyards is welcome. I know they’re pretty uncommon and this is our first experience with the breed.

Most people discover that their Perkins are hiding genes for black with a white bib. That is what I expect your offspring would look like with a little extra white on the wing fronts from the Appleyard restrictive allele. I have an Appleyard Khaki cross. I think he is beautiful!
53DEE2A1-64CE-4E4D-88EF-9732A7D63C2E.jpeg

Most people discover that their Perkins are hiding genes for black with a white bib. That is what I expect your offspring would look like with a little extra white on the wing fronts from the Appleyard restrictive allele. I have an Appleyard Khaki cross. I think he is beautiful!View attachment 2520987
Oh, wow! He is so handsome! Unfortunately, our Khaki Campbell and Appleyards are all female, so we wouldn’t be able to cross them. We could only do Pekin/Appleyard and Pekin/Campbell, both of which would be interesting to see.

Back
Top Bottom