Silver-Laced Sebright crossed with Orpington?

There are only 2 rooster choices for the chicks in question: White Leghorn or Silver-Laced Sebright. No other breeds of roosters are there at that farm. I have a feeling his mother was a Buff Orpington (the guy on my head, that is). But I'm wondering why the white of the Leghorn didn't come through much, and where those beautiful slate-blue hackles came from?!

You mean you think the Sebright Bantam's mama might have been a Buff Orpington? That thought never even crossed my mind. Really???

Quote:
Not true. My Sebright rooster, even though he's a hatchery bird, successfully mated my Australorp hen. I have the pictures of the cockerel to prove it.

Quite impressive!
thumbsup.gif

If there are no silver-laced breeds at the farm other than the Sebright Bantam rooster, then do you think that means my Bantam is a full-blooded Sebright, even though others think she is awfully large to be a full bred Sebright?

I don't know-- there were 10 eggs-- 6 hatched. There was 1 tiny egg, and that had to be it. But I can't remember what color it was-- white, I think. Or maybe off white?

And if it were a Sebright egg (Sebright Mama), most likely the papa was the Sebright rooster, not the Leghorn; right?

Back
Top Bottom