Silver-Laced Sebright crossed with Orpington?

Such pretty white legs, Stormy! I guess I should compare Pect's legs with those of his white-legged siblings. I would say, though, that his legs are more white than yellow, though I don't know that that is much help.

Some people found it very interesting that his legs appeared to turn from willow as a baby to white as an adult. But, as you say, the color might be off in the photo or on the monitors.

But I would say they are on the white end of the spectrum. But if you are right, and they are light yellow, that could be quite significant.

Thanks for the info. Esther Mary's legs are very white with pinkish in them. Pect is in the solarium, so I can't easily compare his legs with the legs of the outdoor chickens, but I noticed he does have a lot of yellow in his beak. It's sort of creamish on the top, and more yellow at the bottom.

I'm not sure about his legs, but, yes, I do think they might be a bit more yellow than those of the chickens' who live outdoors. I hope to take him outside later today and compare them more closely.

I did notice that my Sebring Bantie's legs are a beautiful shade of slate.

Quote:
I don't know genetics like I said but My Barred rock x leghorn (mother) have yellow legs like both parents, My Orpington xleghorns have slate legs like their daddy? My Sal. Fav. x silkie mixes have white legs like their dad SF, So I don't know what genes are dominate Also my BBS orp x leg horns are solid white birds, the BR x leghorns are a smokie grey color almost marbled looking.
20212_photo-0015.jpg

she has yellow legs

Quote:
My Sebright has been trying to breed my Brown Leghorns, but so far none of the eggs have hatched. He looks like he's doing the deed, but no chicks yet.

Quote:
Sorry I don't have any BO/EEx roosters, but I do have EEs with the same colors as your roo.The rust/red color across his wings is common with EE roosters, it is darker on my boys though. There may have been a EE in the woodpile, somewhere down the line in his birds.Hatchery birds are not always pure bred either.

Edit to add: Your boy is pretty, hope you figure it out.

Last edited:
Quote:
My Sebright has been trying to breed my Brown Leghorns, but so far none of the eggs have hatched. He looks like he's doing the deed, but no chicks yet.

I have 1 SLS Roo in with 2 sebright Hens one buff and one silver and I have yet to get 1 fertile egg out of them so I think he is sterile he is about 1-1/2 yrs. So Im thinking about putting the girls in with the silkie roos? Don't know what they would look like but it could be fun to see what I would get.

Back
Top Bottom