Silver Laced Wyandotte sexing

Are you taking about the one with more white?
IMG_20170607_153412494.jpg

Eggsighted4life- I got her at Cackle Hatchery. The one in the back is a White Austra. It is a mix from CH. this Wyandotte has a flat comb. Not sure yet but I'm thinking pea.

Eggsighted4life- I got her at Cackle Hatchery. The one in the back is a White Austra. It is a mix from CH. this Wyandotte has a flat comb. Not sure yet but I'm thinking pea.
Now 13 weeks old. Still think cockerel? Not much comb or waddle has formed.

I tried to scroll back through the pics to see what we are talking about, but these were all I pulled together. In the 13 week pic, I would say pullet but while requesting a side standing shot in order to see the saddle feathers, And in those pics, it is a rose comb. They look very flat sometimes on young birds. Bet they're grown like weeds! :)

I'd love some opinions on if my silver laced Wyandotte is a pullet?! She (hopefully a she!) is now 9 weeks old ... very little tail feathers, comb showing no signs of redness, bit concerned about the dark neck and if the feathers are pointed or round.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4185.JPG
    IMG_4185.JPG
    732.1 KB · Views: 67
I'd love some opinions on if my silver laced Wyandotte is a pullet?! She (hopefully a she!) is now 9 weeks old ... very little tail feathers, comb showing no signs of redness, bit concerned about the dark neck and if the feathers are pointed or round.

Thanks
Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

I don't see anything at all (except the short tail) that indicates cockerel. On laced varieties, the females have very clear lacing while the males will get some solid white bars or blotches on the top of their wings. In addition, your girls is very pale in comb and waddles and they are still fairly small as well. Most boys are showing some pink by that age if not bright red already.

Not a great pic, but see the white on the wing tops of this rooster?
Silverlacedwyandotte.jpg

Your appears to be female! :celebrate

Hi I found this thread and was hoping to get some answers about my 4
I have become VERY attached to the one I've named Honey and I live in town so I cant have a rooster but any opinion is appreciated xx We think Basil is a boy but after looking through all these posts im now not sure lol

Attachments

• Basil 2.jpg
    Basil 2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Basil.jpg
    Basil.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Honey 1.jpg
    Honey 1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Honey 2.jpg
    Honey 2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Honey.jpg
    Honey.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Pepper 1.jpg
    Pepper 1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 41
  • Pepper.jpg
    Pepper.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Sugar 1.jpg
    Sugar 1.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Sugar.jpg
    Sugar.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 44
Hi I found this thread and was hoping to get some answers about my 4
I have become VERY attached to the one I've named Honey and I live in town so I cant have a rooster but any opinion is appreciated xx We think Basil is a boy but after looking through all these posts im now not sure lol
Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

My experience with SLW sexing is usually based on the lacing. Yours aren't feathered in well enough for me to use that as the basis. So posting after the lacing comes in will be good. But I will give you my current assessment...

Basil appears to be have pretty red waddles, so currently thinking cockerel for that one. But sometimes the red is just flushing.

Sugar is also throwing cockerel indicators to me. That would be the slow feather development. Those are almost always boys, in my experience.

Honey, thinking cockerel. :(

Pepper, maybe female.

Again, this is a very preliminary assessment. So I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet! :) Please try again when the feathers come in on top of the wings.

And thank you for sharing! :love

Back
Top Bottom