Silver Laced Wyandottes

A SQ bird in my book is a bird with no DQ's and comes as close to the ideal standard as possible. Some people call the lesser quality birds breeders, which you can use in your program. But I prefer to breed my showbirds that way I can always know that I have the highest quality in my hatches. If it isn't good enough to win at a show, I don't breed it. That is my breeding philosophy.

Brody's Broodello :

A SQ bird in my book is a bird with no DQ's and comes as close to the ideal standard as possible. Some people call the lesser quality birds breeders, which you can use in your program. But I prefer to breed my showbirds that way I can always know that I have the highest quality in my hatches. If it isn't good enough to win at a show, I don't breed it. That is my breeding philosophy.

What is a DQ?​

You have to let them mature to get their adult feathers (I've been told that's between 8 and 12 months old), and that's something I didn't realize until I'd invested in over 100 Wyandottes! I've already been able to cull a handful, but I'll have quite a feed bill by the time these guys are mature enough to see what I have. It's very enjoyable watching them grow though, and to see their different personalities.

Well I like the breed myself regardless is mine are SQ . Hoping to pull one or maybe 2 that are out of the 10 I have. My main reason is the fact that heritage breeds seem hard to come by locally here unless you order from the Hatchery.

Here He IS!

72723_5351f576.jpg

72723_26d21b09.jpg

72723_5b5b2581.jpg

Back
Top Bottom