Silver spangled hamburgs

BayCityBabe

Songster
11 Years
May 1, 2008
They are surely beautiful. Are they naturally skittish? I have two & they certainly keep their distance. DD spends alot of time in the coop. They haven't warmed up to her either.
Any advice or observations to share?

Quote:
My Silver Spangled Rooster is not skiddish at all, in fact he is a great protector of his girls and runs toward anything that moves toward them. The girls are naturally curious and if it wasn't for the rooster would easily come up to me. As soon as I put something in the chicken tractor the girls come running to see what it is. But again the rooster is very aggressive and keeps them back. This is why I cannot let them out of the tractor. I can keep him at bay but my wife can't. I keep telling her, he isn't trying to spur you like he does me, he is trying to mate with you. He flies up and tries to catch her at the back of her neck. I told her the rooster has good taste!!!
lau.gif

They are flighty and avoid human contact.

If I chase mine and catch her she will settle down and eat from my hand, but as soon as you put her down she runs off.

My DD has tamed ours enough so that it will sit on her shoulder once in a while.
2007-08Aug07-04.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom