Since this is asked once a week....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I agree with pdbantam, there was no need for this argument to be brought up again. I say we just add a sticky voicing both sides of the argument and direct other people there whenever the topic is brought up to avoid any further disagreements...then people can make their own minds up on what works for them and whether they're willing to take the risk...and they will be informed on what kind of risks there are.

This should be a sticky then, so people can have their opinions. PM the Mod Gods! somebody do it... lol

I'll keep them separate and a fair ways apart, but I'm not going to take a bath and change clothes when I fed the quail. Mine are about 15 feet apart and have a 6 foot tall divider between them. The chickens free range, but they are separated by the fence and a shed. I've not had any problems and doubt I will. I keep hand sanitizer tied to the cage and the feed is in separate barrels. Keep them apart and you won't have problems. Why would you try to push it? It is extremely easy to keep them apart so why not? You can keep them together, but it's not in you or your birds best interest to do so.

Quote:
smile.png
have you been reading all the previous posts? they kinda stated the same thing bud.
and for some it isnt "extremely easy" to keep birds apart. some people only have one barn or one shed to put their fowl. thats why this question is asked!!
wink.png
wink.png
but we dont need to go on and on and on stating the same things over and over.

Quote:
smile.png
have you been reading all the previous posts? they kinda stated the same thing bud.
and for some it isnt "extremely easy" to keep birds apart. some people only have one barn or one shed to put their fowl. thats why this question is asked!!
wink.png
wink.png

honseltly something like this should be a sticky so people dont have to ask again they can look at the sticky and make up their own mind.

Quote:
smile.png
wink.png
wink.png

honseltly something like this should be a sticky so people dont have to ask again they can look at the sticky and make up their own mind.

That's what I said, lol
lol.png

I hatched and raised my Button Quail with a chicken chick, none got sick or died. They grew to be adults and I kept them in a pen in the same building my young chicks are housed in. They laid an egg everyday and never once got sick until the day I sold them.

Quail can sometimes be raised with chickens. You cannot say that they will die, because they won't everytime. Mine didn't.

For any new quail keepers reading this, keep in mind that it might not always turn out this way. But honestly, sometimes chicks die too of cocci and other diseases even in the best housing conditions. Should we keep our poultry in a bubble until the day they die?

Quote:
I SEE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS THAT YOU HAVE QUAIL AND CHICKENS???? IF YOU HAVE A SEPARATE PEN/CAGES FOR YOUR QUAIL IS THIS O.K. FOR YOU THAT HAVE BOTH CHICKENS AND QUAIL WHAT ARE YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR RAISING BOTH. I HAVE CHICKENS AND NOW PLAN TO HAVE QUAIL? CAN QUAIL GET MAREKS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom