Single chick care?

thanai

Songster
Jul 3, 2020
Canada
Hi all,
Today I finished my first incubation, and as you can tell by the title, I had only one successful hatch. The chick is doing fine, (sleeping a lot), and I should be getting one or two chicks in a couple days to keep it company.

Until then, though, would it be a bad idea to put its mom in the brooder (definitely supervised) with it? I want to make sure it isn't lonely - not sure if this was a bad idea. (Note: not a broody mom, I used an incubator). Let me know what you think!

Hi all,
Today I finished my first incubation, and as you can tell by the title, I had only one successful hatch. The chick is doing fine, (sleeping a lot), and I should be getting one or two chicks in a couple days to keep it company.

Until then, though, would it be a bad idea to put its mom in the brooder (definitely supervised) with it? I want to make sure it isn't lonely - not sure if this was a bad idea. (Note: not a broody mom, I used an incubator). Let me know what you think!
I wouldn’t do that, for a couple of days, just spend a lot of time with it like it’s a child

As a side note, I assume this is fine but I just want to make sure - is it normal that the chick has been acting super tired for the past hour or so? I know it had to be working hard to get out of the shell, just making sure this is fine.

As a side note, I assume this is fine but I just want to make sure - is it normal that the chick has been acting super tired for the past hour or so? I know it had to be working hard to get out of the shell, just making sure this is fine.
Pictures? Is it just staying under the heat lamp? Maybe it’s too cold? How hot is it?

Here's a pic:

I don't think it's too cold because the brooder is in my sunroom (it's warm and sunny right now), and I have the heat lamp on.

1621184376706.png

Back
Top Bottom