Single duck. What's next?

I have a male runner, and a male Campbell. They are 4 months old. I didn't find out until their tail feathers curled that they are both males. They LOVE to chase the dogs. LOVE it. It's like their favorite pastime. One of my dogs likes to be chased, so it works out, they mainly chase her around and she gets all barky if they chase anyone else. I don't know about everyone, but in my own experience 2 males love to chase dogs. (And they are hormonal teenagers)..

i was at tractor supply getting dog food and feeling sorry for myself for some medical crap that fell on me and there were these tiny beautiful Magpie ducklings under heat lamps. I tried sexing them. The TSC employee helped. One of the ducklings shot a stream of poop directly into the mouth and face of the TSC employee. (You know the carnival game where you shoot water and blow up a balloon... it was exactly like that).
I was so mortified I immediately bought 2 and ran home (in my car) inwardly cringing the whole time.. I mean.. it was awful. The worst part was I couldn't quit laughing. I may have to find a new TSC.

However, back to the point.. The differences in these ducklings are night and day. They love love love me. If they can't see me they freak out. I play animal planet for them during the day while I am working (I work from home) and they are soo soo uber sweet. I don't know if it's the magpie or the female or the compilation of hopefully both.. but I would 11/10 recommend magpie females. (and pray they don't grow wienners)

This needs more attention. Love this whole post!

I agree, however we have no idea. She was acting fine during the day. When we put them up she acted like a zombie. Found her floating in the little pool in the am. If you have any suggestions?

The male is acting fine (besides being incredibly lost). I'm extremely worried about him being too lonely.
I don't have a clue perhaps @casportpony might reconize those symptoms as something? IDK!

Back
Top Bottom