Single Turkey Poult + what to do with his dad

sarahjm

Hatching
Jun 6, 2018
Hi everyone!

I'm new on here as a poster but I've visited BackYard Chickens many many times over the years to pick up advice - what a great space!

So I have two questions...

We have three Bourbon Reds, a stag and two girls, they'll all be nearly 2 years old now and the girls have been sat on eggs for a while - we don't want to breed really so we aim to take away the eggs as soon as we can get the girls to move. One moves off quickly and we never leave her eggs, the other is really stubborn and yes, we've ended up with a baby.

We've removed it to a dog crate, raised it warm and waited for a sibling but none are forthcoming, it's now 9 days old and thriving. So, we hope hope hope it's a girl and assume we'll merge her in with the others at some point - when is this point please? And any tips? Will they look after it?

Oh, plus we have 12 ex battery hens.

Then, as much as we're fond of him, we're seriously considering re-homing our stag, so does anyone out there want to rescue a lovely Bourbon Red stag?! We're in the UK, north west, by the way. I've not yet worked out the geographical mix of folks here :)

Thanks for reading!
Sarah

Back
Top Bottom