Sitting around waiting.... Pictures post #13

Home from work and still waiting on that last EE.
hmm.png

FINALLY! The last one has hatched! It is either blue or black, I can't tell yet because it is still so wet. That is every one of the 5 EE eggs that I had in their from my own flock. The new little one will have to stay in the bator until morning but then will go in the brooder with the rest. Good night everyone and happy hatching!

And of course, I wake up this morning and find 4 of my mille x Japanese have pipped so now the waiting starts all over again. But I have these pretties to look at anyway(or I can go look at the 50 or so other chicks I have, lol).
17106_new_baby_chicks1.jpg

17106_new_baby_chicks2.jpg

Only 50 chicks?? What's wrong with you?
gig.gif
Somehow I missed that you have blue polish, maybe you should BOLD your siggy?
wink.png

I don't have anything hatching for another week (I KNOW!! Amazing, isn't it?), but then all heck will break loose!! I have 20 d'uccles eggs due to hatch on the 8th, 3 ducks due on the 12th, marans and welsummers due on the 11th, plus I have 25 chicks (coming from Ideal) due to hatch on the 7th, so those will be here the 9th or so. THEN I have some guineas and some BR and EE in a friend's bator, cause mine was full, and I have more wellies, sussex, and an assortment of 'more than 12' eggs coming that need to go in. Then I swear I'm done!!
lau.gif
This doesn't count the 26 MPC chicks I have, and the 10 guinea keets, 5 or 6 silkies, baby japs and dutch...I'm supposed to be slowing down
gig.gif

Quote:
Holy crud!
th.gif

What do you do with all those chickens?

Keep some, sell some, lose some, whatever
big_smile.png
The MPC pullets will be put to swapping out my dad's layers next spring, then the old layers and about half the pullets will be sold. The chicks coming from Ideal are a new variety of a breed that I already have, and I'm hoping I'll get at least a quad of useful birds from them, then the rest of those will be sold. The wellies, EE, and marans are hopefully going to be a start-up for my own 'line', plus a project I want to work on, and then d'uccles are also additions to some I already have, plus some different varieties.
I have over 150 birds right now, not counting the ones I listed, but a good portion of those will be going to sale the end of this month. I'm probably going to rent a box-truck, cause I don't think my dad's little S-10 has enough room
big_smile.png
That will cut my birds down to about 30-50, not counting the chicks
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom