Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Oh yes coffee is still one of the greatest topics here!

we talk with coffee about coffee and the the very dedicated even TYPE with coffee in hand.

Guess it is the caffeine that makes that possible
hu.gif
or maybe the added sugar some like.
so pull up your pot ...

LOL.
tongue.png
I only get to have coffee in the morning when my mom makes it, or when I go out to eat at ChickFilA.

Oops..I feel like I just said a bad word. XD

But the rest of the time I drink sweet tea.

Deb.. Fires are just plain scary.
hide.gif

yep.... that pass is known for high winds and very very rugged terrain.

Road is still closed even though the fire has moved on way away from the road. So far its burned about five houses and some out buildings. No one was hurt on the road just burns thank goodness but the tally for cars is at least thirty... and one boat. I dont know how many semis.

The deal is NOW they have to bring in road inspectors to find out if there was any damage to the highway...

so far about 3500 acres...

Hows the fire up by you did they get it out?

deb

It was 106 when I got back in my car at the feed store today....  :th but my coffee was still hot...  :lau

On another note one of the major arteries HWY 15 in California goes Through an area called Cajon Pass.  A steep grade and a hard pull for truckers....

Brush fire jumped the highway and set at least three semis on fire and another twenty cars it looks like....  Thirty people were injured either burned or in the process of getting out and a way from the inferno....

Link to the news report

The roads you see in the video are some what like the roads in my area...

deb

Fires jumping roads... That's not good. I thought fireman dug ditches to stop fire! If it can jump... Not good

Quote:
It jumped a six lane freeway.... What is that.... a couple hundred feet...? These fires travel faster than a horse can run.... and some horses can do 45 miles per hour in a sprint. Those ditches here are for the firemen to jump into and cover up with a fire blanket...

Crazy part is these fires create their own wind and will actually push itself down hill. Add to that flash point fuel and constantly blowing wind from or to the desert...

Last year we saw one that went from 20 acres to 6000 acres in a matter of hours...

When they say fire storm ..... thats what they are talking about.

And why I am always advocating an evacuation plan... even if its superceded by the authorities most of it will be in place.

deb

Deb.. Fires are just plain scary. :oops:

yep....  that pass is known for high winds  and very very rugged terrain.

Road is still closed even though the fire has moved on way away from the road.  So far its burned about five houses and some out buildings.  No one was hurt on the road just burns thank goodness but the tally for cars is at least thirty... and one boat.  I dont know how many semis. 

The deal is NOW they have to bring in road inspectors to find out if there was any damage to the highway... 

so far about 3500 acres... 

Hows the fire up by you did they get it out?

deb

I think most of the fires up here (we ended up with LOTS of different fires, two super big ones), are all "contained".

They will not be out for a very long time though.

The giant fire from last year is STILL smoldering in spots, STILL!!! That one is a year old. They say that these really big ones will be the same... Smoldering spots for at least a year.

OK... Wow! You asked that question Deb... So I googled a bit, read this!!

UPDATE: As of Sunday (July 18), the Alaska Interagency Coordination Center reported more than 3.5 million acres total burned this year, making this the third largest fire season in Alaska history. Thursday, when the total was just 3.1 million acres, researcher Eric Kasischke commented: “If dry weather continues into August, we will easily reach the 5-million acre mark.” Alaska’s biggest fire year on record claimed 5 million acres in 1956.

Crazy, huh? If you want to read the entire article:

http://www.alaskascienceoutreach.com/index.php/features/sis_partone/burning_question/

That is crazy and why I do not condone fireworks during burn bans - even if it rains or big fires in the summer. It can move so fast and most times people out having a good time can do nothing more than run around screaming *what do we do now*
rant.gif
hu.gif

My tale of woe is not nearly that devastating this evening but mine none the less.
Today I drank about 1.5 gallons of water and it was good. (more if you count the stuff mixed with my coffee grounds)

And here I sit ready for Coffee time it is my complete belief that I washed out tooo much caffeine from my system and there fore cannot fall asleep!
barnie.gif

So the pot is brewin and I am hoping something happens here on BYC or I just might go a little more nutty.

Hah! You need "Sleepytime Tea" my kids like it :idunno I am not much of a tea person.

I have only heard how the big one north of Anchorage started... They found out it was a couple that were burning trash without ANY water around! :rolleyes: boggles the mind, huh?

I don't think I remember what started the giant one closer to me. :idunno

Last edited:
Agree
idunno.gif
people

not really a tea person unless my stomach is up set then I drink peppermint tea.

so I will just say hi to new people and see what kind of trouble I can get into on line.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom