Six Mobths old and no one is "screaming" roo

All pullets. They look very happy and healthy.
smile.png

Thanks everyone! I am dumbfounded how this happened. Secretly I was hoping for one boy, we had all girls (gifted to us as adults) before this. I guess we are meant only for girls! Thanks again!

Consider yourself lucky to have all girls! I bought sexed chicks, all were suppose to be pullets (I did NOT want a cock). 13 of them, 1 died (something was neurologically wrong with her), and 2 turned out to be cockerels. I kept the docile one, the other went back to the store I bought him at. He was a MEAN little RIR cockerel (not to me, but to the others, AND he was challenging the other cockerel who was WAY bigger than him).

Now, the reason I ended up keeping the 1 cockerel is because I was already head over heels in love and attached to him before knowing he was a he (it took over 8wks, probably closer to 10wks). I decided he could stay around for a while, and he's been great with me. Not so great with other people though. He takes his job VERY seriously and doesn't like others in the exercise pen! He loves me, but I think it's because I hand raised him (I give him his space now, and he gives me mine, but he's still my baby).

Hey, if you really want a cockerel, I have a bunch of blue boys who are headed to the freezer this or next week. come on over and I'll happily give you one!

Back
Top Bottom