Waterfowllady

Songster
Nov 3, 2018
California
So I was wondering how large would how large would breeding pens for no more than a trio of call ducks be? I am hoping to build breeding pens but just wanted to know what kind of measurements they’d have to have, or how large.. Thanks!
(They will be raised pens)

Last edited:

Pyxis

Hatchi Wan Kenobi
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Vermont
My Coop
My Coop
Will you be going with the raised pen style? A lot of people who go that route (and I'll be building some myself) do something like six or eight feet long by two or three feet wide. Usually a plastic concrete mixing pan is built into the floor of the wire run for use as a pool, since those are plenty big for Calls and can be bought cheap at Home Depot/Lowes.

Waterfowllady

Songster
Nov 3, 2018
California
Will you be going with the raised pen style? A lot of people who go that route (and I'll be building some myself) do something like six or eight feet long by two or three feet wide. Usually a plastic concrete mixing pan is built into the floor of the wire run for use as a pool, since those are plenty big for Calls and can be bought cheap at Home Depot/Lowes.
Yes, I forgot to add that I am building raised pens.. oops. Thank you so much! That’s what I was planning on doing just wasn’t sure how long they should be, thanks again! :wee

Top Bottom