Heathersfeathers5

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2018
I am 8 months new to chickening.. I have a backyard flock of 5 which have been doing great in North Alabama. We left for vacation and neighbors were to tend to the flock while we were gone. The day we returned one of the hens was non responsive and laying in the run. We think she got dehydrated from the summer heat at first. So brought her in the garage and made a med box for her for 5 days with a cooling fan. She wasnt eating or drinking so we syringed her water with electrolytes for those 5days. On a cool afternoon let her rejoin the other ladies for some free ranging. She just laid in the grass and closed her eyes like she has been doing for the past 5 days. Not moving always tired acting... Her comb turned nearly white and I was worried we were going to lose her. Well behold BooBoo chicken is eating and drinking again on her own and starting to pink up after 1.5 weeks of personal care. We have let her rejoin the others and is running and eating like normal on week number 3. Now today she is a little sluggish today and I noticed one of her eyes is now swollen shut. No other problems we have notice and the other girls seem fine. What's going on with BooBoo?? Any ideas?

Welcome to BYC!

Can you post some pictures of her?
Here are a few I took 3 days ago when I noticed her pinking back up. I will go get one of her now with her funky eye. Thank you so much!!!

Attachments

• 20180717_162619.jpg
    20180717_162619.jpg
    918.8 KB · Views: 11
Have you checked her real well at night for mites?
(with a flash light)

Back
Top Bottom