Sleepy duckling not eating much HELP!

Its been maybe 2-3 hours? They look like they might be doing better now. I will keep an eye on them thank you. I just freaked out because I have worked so hard to help Sage and I don't want to mess something up.

Its been maybe 2-3 hours? They look like they might be doing better now. I will keep an eye on them thank you. I just freaked out because I have worked so hard to help Sage and I don't want to mess something up.
If it's only been 2-3 hours, they probably just need more time.

Maybe you should divide the brooder with a piece of wire mesh, so you know they cannot hurt each other, and then quit stressing about it. Make sure each one has food, water, a warm place, and some cool area.

I just finally let them be for a bit, and now they seem great together! I had to leave for an appointment, and when I came back they were snuggled up together sleeping. I've checked on them several times and they were both chilling together each time. I haven't decided on a name yet for the other little one, but I will probably go with Waffles, or Puddles.

Hey yall Sage and Waffles (the other little duckling) have been doing great! I no longer have to scramble eggs daily since Sage is eating and drinking on her own. They LOVE to spread their water and food everywhere and make a big mess and just be ducks. They love their baths and are obsessed with meal worms. Sage is growing like a weed. She is quite a bit bigger than Waffles but they are doing great together. She ran around for the first time EVER after her bath once and I almost shouted with joy. I have noticed Sage's steps still seem choppy or rough, although she doesn't exactly limp. She just looks awkward when she walks or runs. Its hard to tell when shes dry, but I have noticed her back juts up at the top of her legs. Like theirs two bony lumps. Almost like shoulder blades on a human just more pronounced. Is this hunchback? Its really hard to get a good picture of it but I can try in a bit. Sage HATES vitamin B and gets an mL in her water everyday but she also spills water and Waffles drinks some of it. She flings it out of her mouth if I try to put it in her beak though. I try so hard but don't know what to do. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom