Slikies that bully?

Keep this in mind...Birds of a feather, flock together....The red sex links are of a different feather and colour...Sometimes they do not get along.....

Cheers!

It's weird Ive had slikies and other breeds mixed and no conflict at all when I used to live in Wisconsin and I moved to illinios i have 2 slikies and 3 red sex links I am also getting 3 new chicks 1 Easter egger 1 black astrolope and 1 sliver laced Wyanto( I don't know how to spell it)

welcome-byc.gif

We need some more info to try to help you.......

How old are the birds in question?

How long have you had the sex links?

How much space to they have, in feet, in the coop and run?

Where are you located? How is your weather recently?

How long has the pecking been going on?

:welcome

We need some more info to try to help you.......

How old are the birds in question? 

How long have you had the sex links?

How much space to they have, in feet, in the coop and run?

Where are you located? How is your weather recently?

How long has the pecking been going on?

Hmmm I got the birds all together at tractor supply on march 5 of 2016

The coop is about as long as a queen sized bed as well as it's W there's no run only a fence with a lot of space around the coop

I am located near Chicago and it's been some days hot Others mostly windy

It's started since 2 monts ago

My first thought is always space issues. Do your birds have access to the fenced area all the time? If not, that may be your answer. The size of a queen bed is too small for that many birds full time.

If that's not the case......I'm really not sure. Have you seen the silkies pecking at the others?

I too for about a week started having my silkie pecking at the other hens, when I spreed treats in the run. Thought she might be a rooster, then she laid an egg. Anyway I was watching and realized she couldn't see, to much head feathers covering her eyes. So she went where the each hen was trying to find the treats. I just shaved the feathers so I could see her eyes. And I noticed a change in her demeanor yesterday. I thought I would share this if your two silkies vision is causing their behavior change.

I too for about a week started having my silkie pecking at the other hens, when I spreed treats in the run.  Thought she might be a rooster, then she laid an egg.  Anyway I was watching and realized she couldn't see, to much head feathers covering her eyes. So she went where the each hen was  trying to find the treats. I just shaved the feathers so I could see her eyes. And I noticed a change in her demeanor yesterday.  I thought I would share this if your two silkies vision is causing their behavior change.

My slikies aren't bearded I really hope this problem gets solved

My first thought is always space issues. Do your birds have access to the fenced area all the time? If not, that may be your answer. The size of a queen bed is too small for that many birds full time. 

If that's not the case......I'm really not sure. Have you seen the silkies pecking at the others? 

I have seen them biting their combs when I toss them treats and the broody hen just attacks the hens for no reason they will just walking past her and she'll flag her wings and attack them and yes they have access to the fenced area at all times

Back
Top Bottom