I don’t think chickens have knees, but they definitely can rupture the hock tendon. That can be common with varus or valfus deformity. Sorry about your rooster. You can do a search on chicken wheelchairs or chicken slings and chairs, and many of those will be helpful for a chicken with a disability.
Yeah my bad, I think she said elbow or something haha. Regardless, it’s the like elbow-like knee-like joint on his leg that bends. Wish they’d decide on a name cause I’ve heard it been called so many things!😂

I’ll definitely look into the wheelchairs and slings! Thank you for the suggestion.

Don't kill him. Hopefully if you're willing to pay for him he'll have a great little chicken life. I've heard of people who have disabled chickens and they keep them as indoor pets!
Of course, I would never ever be able to put him down. He’s the sweetest chicken. I’m totally willing to pay for his surgery, but I’m just not able to at the moment because it costs 1,500$. I’m only working a part time job and it barely covers my bills I have.

I wish we could keep him as an indoor pet! My roommates would never agree to that sadly.

How is he doing?
He’s doing good! Still the same, having a pretty hard time getting around. He’s been trying to use him wings to propel himself forward and it seems to work occasionally.

He cawed for the first time the other day too! It sounds sad and a little sickly, but he still crows haahha. I don’t think I’ll be able to pay for the surgery, but I think he’s happy and not in pain and that’s all that matters.

He’s doing good! Still the same, having a pretty hard time getting around. He’s been trying to use him wings to propel himself forward and it seems to work occasionally.

He cawed for the first time the other day too! It sounds sad and a little sickly, but he still crows haahha. I don’t think I’ll be able to pay for the surgery, but I think he’s happy and not in pain and that’s all that matters.
Awsome! As long as he is not in pain then there is no reason to cull him.

Back
Top Bottom