Slugs - Uggh

Quote:
Ha Ha ha now your learning!!!! once you have the beer, you wont care about the slugs
lol.png
!

My DH used to buy the cheap beer for the slug traps by the 6 pack, keeping it up by the well so it was closer to the garden.
One day, my Mom says to me "I wish Bob wouldn't drink beer and then hit the road", (he works 2 hours away so he stays with his bro) me not understanding what she was talking about, I noticed him opening beer walking acrossed the back yard and of course it appears that he was drinking it because he would hold the catfood can up, pour, bend, move to the next one.
I broke the news of what he was doing and she looked at the floor and muttered something about 'I should have known better' !
It was priceless. That was the year we hatched chicks and speaking of 'not' eating slugs, ours scratch to find them! At one point they faught over a slug and it was not pretty, did you realize they are clear and runny in the middle! Looked like they were 2 yr olds with a cold!

When we get slugs in our gargen, I take a pie plate and pour the beer into it..."Leave it overnight. In the morning, every slug on the block is in there and its done. I would not give the slugs to my chickens, but I always play it safe with them.

I spoke too soon about how great my soap/water spray was working, because as of this morning, my broccoli leaves are full of holes again! ARRRRGGGHHHH! I have no idea what's doing it, but when we put out slug-bait, we didn't catch any slugs.

My girls had their first slugs last night. They weren't crazy about the slime & kept trying to wipe their beaks on the cement patio. I finally squished one & they LOVED the guts. My DBF and I laughed our heads off at the chicks running around after each other for..
sickbyc.gif

... slug guts.

Last edited:
Quote:
Which is just what my brother-in-law said. But, do I want to eat the produce after it's had Sevin dust on it? I mean, I know it washes off, but the plant doesn't absorb it?

My little garden is seriously puny, as I'm using this year to more or less see what I have success with, when it grows, what fails, etc. So it's not like I'm feeding my family with it, but I do want what I grow there to be wholesome and healthy.

i put a trail of salt around the edge of my strawberry patch... after about 2 weeks... i didnt need to add to the salt. the slugs just stopped

I've used salt around the perimeter, seems to work, although some have objections to salt on the ground.
Upon purchasing two items, I said to the cashier, I'm going home to get drunk and kill snails.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom