SLW & ??? / pullet vs roo & unidentified pullet

MummaZette

Chirping
11 Years
Mar 13, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
These were day old chicks 4/13/12, so at the time of this post they are 2 month old.
I'm fairly convinced that out of the 10, 6 are roos IMHO.... but I'm totally guessing with the SLW cause I dont know how to tell with a pea comb. ALL help is appreciated.
Any suggestions to the breed of the white chicks?
TYVM!
earlier days - this one is all white, there is another white one with tan tinted feathers - this same chick is in Pic #3
the remaining 3 "white" ones have this type of marking throughout wings or tails...This chick is also in Pic #3

I'M FAIRLY SURE THE 2nd ON TOP AND THE 1 IN THE NESTING BOX ARE BOTH ROOS - THEIR COMBS WADDLES AND FACES ARE SO MUCH BIGGER AND RED IN COMPARISON
**ANY SUGGESTIONS TO BREED/S?
THE ONLY JUSTIFICATION I HAVE FOR SEXING THESE SLW ARE THAT THE ONE ON THE LEFT IS SO PALE IN COMPARISON TO THE ONE ON THE RIGHT? I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TELL WITH A PEA COMB. MY UNEDUCATED GUESS IS THE ONE ON THE LEFT IS A PULLET AND THE OTHER IS A COCKEREL.
SLW -- ROO?

HORRIBLE PIC BUT YOU GET THE IDEA?

OLDER GIRLS.......
THIS IS OUR WHITE LEGHORN w/ROSE COMB (THE COMB IS SIGNIFICANTLY LARGER THAN THE PULLET BELOW) - SO I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO TELL AS THEY ARE BOTH YEAR OLD GIRLS.
THIS IS "ROO" GIVEN TO US AS A COCKEREL, BUT SHE LAYS EGGS!
SHE IS A BANTUM, AND NOT A BRAMHA -- NO FEATHERED FEET
(BY THE WAY THOSE ARE HER BUTT FEATHER ABOVE IF IT HELPS IDENTIFY HER) ANY SUGGESTIONS TO BREED?​

Last edited:
The SLW is a roo (pretty sure). The comb is red for 2 months and the wattles are quite large. Also, there seems to be a large amount of white on the wings, which I've read indicates a roo.

The white pullet in the top pic looks like it has green legs. Maybe part Easter Egger? (Don't know what else has green legs.)

The white in the 2nd to last pic looks to have a rose comb and blue legs. A Leghorn would have a single comb and yellow legs. I believe that chicken is probably a Hamburg and if it is 2 months old, I would say it's a roo. If it is the same age as the buff Brahma looking hen, then I would say it is a hen.

The buff in the last pic sure looks like a Brahma. Does she have feathered legs? There are bantam buff Brahmas.

The one silver laced Wyandotte is a roo.

The white chick in the first pic could be a white Jersey Giant (I don't see any black on it like the other chicks). The other white ones could be Delawares. It's too hard to tell what they are in the pic though as far as sex goes.

Back
Top Bottom