Small egg in yard???

No visible yolk, you should be able to see it move as you move the egg while candling. Does it look completely clear to your eye in person?
It is not completely clear in person, and when I turn the egg I can see a little black dot moving inside... I also put a dot on it when it was facing up. I flipped it to the side that didn't have the dot and it returned to the exact same spot as where I had put the dot on. The black dot has a like a darker ring around it and I can see it move with the dot. What does this mean?

It is not completely clear in person, and when I turn the egg I can see a little black dot moving inside... I also put a dot on it when it was facing up. I flipped it to the side that didn't have the dot and it returned to the exact same spot as where I had put the dot on. The black dot has a like a darker ring around it and I can see it move with the dot. What does this mean?
Sounds like it may have a tiny yolk. Fairy eggs can have some till, it's usually just not a fully developed one. I don't think it's a viable egg. If you're super curious and it doesn't smell you can give it a couple more days, but honestly I would be shocked to see anything happen.

Sounds like it may have a tiny yolk. Fairy eggs can have some till, it's usually just not a fully developed one. I don't think it's a viable egg. If you're super curious and it doesn't smell you can give it a couple more days, but honestly I would be shocked to see anything happen.
Yes I am super curious :D I will give it a few more days. If nothing happens I want to break it open to see what is inside of it.

Ok! I won't wash it. The only ducks we have in that even go over there are muscovies. It's shell is hard, so if its a muscovy egg why is it so small? I really want to hatch it! :D
You would incubate it at the same temperature as you would any other egg, the difference would be in the duration. After 2 wks check it every few days to see if it has pipped or hatched. Candle it at the beginning of the 3rd week & check it after 35 days at which time you should probably discard it. A Muscovy takes 31 days normally but if the temperature drops a little which it will every time you check it then it could take longer.

You would incubate it at the same temperature as you would any other egg, the difference would be in the duration. After 2 wks check it every few days to see if it has pipped or hatched. Candle it at the beginning of the 3rd week & check it after 35 days at which time you should probably discard it. A Muscovy takes 31 days normally but if the temperature drops a little which it will every time you check it then it could take longer.
Ok! I am planning to leave in in there for 35 days anyways just in case... ;)

Back
Top Bottom