Pictorhens

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2018
Hi, I’m on a small farm with only 5 chickens at the moment, looking to get some more through the coming year and having a variety. Wondering if anyone had any advice on going the extra mile with caring for them, their coop is a large stable with lots of straw ready for the winter. Few different levels for them to perch on but I want to give them a bit more.

Does anybody have any recipes on large home made pecker blocks, the guy who supplied the shop I used to buy them from has passed away so I’d like to make my own.

Pork Pie

Flockwit
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 30, 2015
Hello and welcome to BYC. I think that reading through the forums will help you pick up tips on how to improve your management approaches.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2018
NY Southern Tier
My Coop

alexa009

Crossing the Road
Apr 6, 2017
Texas
My Coop
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:welcome We are glad you joined the flock! BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: I hope you can find advice in the link @N F C provided for you. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Top Bottom