Small Flock Thread Anybody?

Is 9 too many for a small flock? 2 of them are Silkies, so they're each like a half a chicken right? It's chicken math!
wink.png

I have 2 Buff Orps, 2 Barred Rock, 2 EE's, 1 RIR, and 2 silkies. I adore them! I cannot wait for them to get big, and start laying!

I only have 6 Red Sex Links right now. Being new at Chickens I didn't want to start out with a big number. But now I want more!!!
big_smile.png
Our coop is practically done but we still have to build the run, as soon as that is done, I want to get 6 more chicks bringing the total number to 12.
wink.png
I don't have any restrictions, but I think 12 is as much as I could handle. Plus my coop is not huge! I think 12 will be just fine in it, but no more than that.
hu.gif

Hi! I am new to raising chickens and am having a fabulous time! I have 3 red star female chicks who are 2 months old. Experimenting with snacks, not much luck. They seem to only like worms and crickets. If I feed them vegetables or scratch, they just ignore it. Any advice about your chickens favorite snacks? Nice to meet y'all, Tamma.

Awww, thanks Tamma xxxx
hugs.gif

My girls are all the same breed, just different colours, bit like mobile flowers lol! :D

Last edited:
Ohhhh - I want to join in. Just got my first chicks this past Saturday.
celebrate.gif

*****edited to add names/breeds******

Candy- americanna (easteregger?)

not named yet... americanna - poss roo?????

Sola - speckled sussex

Nova - speckled sussex

Raisin - silver laced wynadotte

not named either... silver laced wynadotte - another roo????

Sugar - wheaten maran

Hurra - black copper maran

Last edited:
I've got six chickens, and similar to what I saw a few other folks say, if I had more I'd be even MORE inundated with eggs (though it is fun to share them with friends/family). Also because our property is a giant hill in every direction and construction of chicken-friendly facilities is limited due to extreme grade difficulties. Lastly, because with six, I can know them each individually (it helps that they all look entirely different from each other, hehe!).
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom