Small Hatchery Seeking Advice...

If blame has to occur it absolutely falls on the shipping service. Because it's there responsibility to protect and deliver your package since either parties have no control over the whole process. And plus you paid for them to deliver it safely.

I don't hate USPS but they need to own up to there mistakes and not make excuses.

If blame has to occur it absolutely falls on the shipping service. Because it's there responsibility to protect and deliver your package since either parties have no control over the whole process. And plus you paid for them to deliver it safely.

I don't hate USPS but they need to own up to there mistakes and not make excuses.
I agree I would probably go with UPS or FEDEX that way I (the seller) am also a customer and they will be more likely to reimburse my loses. This way everyone gets their money back and the shipper who caused the issue absorbs the cost

That's very possibly what was being thought. I know (I would never do it because it's just an awful thing to do,) that it would honestly be easy to fake, especially with eggs that are very similar in shade to store bought eggs.

We are working with another Etsy shop now to fabricate custom egg stamps with our screaming rooster logo. Thanks for the inspiration.

A custom stamp should stop anyone attempting to substitute cheap store bought eggs to fake mail damage. You would think that the threat of prision (mail fraud is a Federal 3rd degree felony) would be enough to deter the bad eggs alone (pun intended).

We are working with another Etsy customer now to fabricate custom egg stamps with our screaming rooster logo. Thanks for the inspiration.

A custom stamp should stop anyone attempting to do this.
It would certainly help, especially if it either covered the entire egg in a design or you required a video that showed the stamp on the damaged egg

Out of curiosity, I looked up your Etsy page and see the review you reference. From a customer perspective, I think your response is good through the sentence about the postal inspector. Scolding her about professionalism, as much as she may deserve it, reads as defensive. It would give me pause. I do note the excellent review that follows, so that is helpful. I think your FB page is good--fun, positive. I hope your business does well!

Yeah, we wanted to say more, but we were really trying to be professional to this customer. Remember, our response on Etsy was after she posted a ton of stuff on several FB groups and our FB Page, all before even messaging us. Most of the stuff wasn't even true and thankfully all of the FB groups took down her posts, and a few banned her.

We should have taken the high road, but we settled for a medium road.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, we wanted to say more, but we were really trying to be professional to this customer. Remember, our response on Etsy was after she posted a ton of stuff on several FB groups and our FB Page, all before even messaging us. Most of the stuff wasn't even true and thankfully all of the FB groups took down her posts, and a few banned her.

We should have taken the high road, but we settled for a medium road.

Thanks for the feedback!
It's all a learning experience. I do wish you well! :thumbsup

Is she worth the hassle? Send a refund, and never allow her to buy from you again. That type of person is a scammer, and she will waste a lot of your time and money if you let her.

Yes, it is galling, but you have to remember that it is only a few lost dollars. That woman has to live for the rest of her life being who she is, and let that be a consolation.

Is she worth the hassle? Send a refund, and never allow her to buy from you again. That type of person is a scammer, and she will waste a lot of your time and money if you let her.

Yes, it is galling, but you have to remember that it is only a few lost dollars. That woman has to live for the rest of her life being who she is, and let that be a consolation.
It could be more than a few dollars though. Some eggs can go for almost 100$ a dozen, plus shipping.

Back
Top Bottom