Small order chicks? where to buy?

HyperTree

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 7, 2010
Hi, i'm new to BYC, and rasing chickens in general. but in sometime in Feburary (i know. its a while away, but the money for the coop/run is gonna take a while to save up and i want to have everything set up for them *before* i place the order) is when i'll be ordering them. i've looked at a different online hatcheries (McMurray, MPC, Nature's Hatchery, Country Hatchery were some) and i was going to buy from Nature's Hatchery, because where i live i can only have 4 chickens, and everywhere else makes me buy 8 or more. earlier i was reading about some member's bad exsperiances with them, and now i dont know what to do. So is Nature's Hatchery bad? is there another small-order chick supplier that lets me buy just 4?

Stay away from Nature's Hatchery. I only wanted a few and went with Ideal- I'm giving away the extras, you might want to do the same. Plus, figure there's a chance of some dying in transit. Meyer and Mypetchicken will send you only a few, depending on where you live. Otherwise you might try a local feed store. I think Cackle's minimum order is 15.

MPC says i have to order 8 because of where i live. and what's the website for Ideal?

hmm, i just did another google search and "Meyer's Hatchery" came up. anyone have any exsperiance with them?

and thanks TyIt33 for the site.
smile.png

Quote:
I mentioned Meyer synonymously with Mypetchicken in my first post in this thread, due to the fact that MPC drop-ships from Meyer. If you order a MPC chick, you get a Meyer chick
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom