Small windows...where to buy

Avonlea22

Jessamine Cottage
8 Years
Aug 27, 2011
I'm in the process of building a coop, and I'm looking for some small (about 12" x 12") windows, but can't seem to find anyone that sells them. I've seen them on coops for sale on the web, so I know they exsist. Does anyone know where one might find small windows?

I know I've seen 1x2ft windows at Lowes. Not sure if they have any 1x1ft, though. You can call and ask hardware stores. If none have them, they may be custom made/ordered.

Check ebay
smile.png
That's where we got ours..just searched shed windows and there were plenty of sizes to choose from! Good luck
smile.png

I've seen 24" windows (that's what we had in our shed and are now using in the coop) but not 12". You can make any size of window with a plexiglass panel, though.

I'm not sure what you want the window to do? It is not that hard to make a window, but we would need to know what you intend it to do to discuss how. Is it just for light, light and permanent ventilation, or light and seasonal ventilation? f you make it, you can make it any size you want.

Thanks everyone. You've given me some great ideas. I'll check eBay and my Habitat store. If they don't have what I'm looking for, then maybe I will make my own.

I read somewhere on this great forum about someone using picture frames for their windows. I bet a 1x1 picture frame will be a lot easier to find than a 1x1 window.
smile.png
Best of luck on your search!

Back
Top Bottom