smartest breed?

Pics
Jul 24, 2020
NY
so I have a flock that consists of four chickens, an RIR mix named amber, a production hen named Whitney, an australorp mix named lacy, and a cream legbar named Greta. I love variety and patterns, but I also value the chicken's smarts. My four are learning to do agility and other tricks i personally have found the australorp mix and cream legbar which has australorp in it to be the smartest but i was wondering what do you guys think the smartest chicken breed is?

Leghorns
When I was a kid there were places you could play tic tic toe against a chicken. The chicken won more often then not. They were always white leghorns.
John Candy Reaction GIF

I don't know... I just think chickens are pretty smart in general. They're certainly smart enough to be chickens. Mine come running whenever they hear the back door slam. Because somebody might be coming out to feed them. One of my bolder SS hens jumps up at the food container in my hand if I'm not right sharpish about tossing the cracked corn out of it, she knows what's in that margarine container! All of them tolerate me slipping a hand under them while they're on the nest; they know I won't hurt them. And any one of them can find a secret place to lay an egg if they need to. Smart.

I don't know... I just think chickens are pretty smart in general. They're certainly smart enough to be chickens. Mine come running whenever they hear the back door slam. Because somebody might be coming out to feed them. One of my bolder SS hens jumps up at the food container in my hand if I'm not right sharpish about tossing the cracked corn out of it, she knows what's in that margarine container! All of them tolerate me slipping a hand under them while they're on the nest; they know I won't hurt them. And any one of them can find a secret place to lay an egg if they need to. Smart.
well my chickens are trained to only come if i call them

Back
Top Bottom