Smells ... and do people think your weird for enjoying the smell ?

I love the smell of a window air conditioner after its been turned off all winter. You turn it on for the summer and it has an awesome smell that I loved to just sit in front of and smell when we had one.

I also love the smell of playdough and library books.

My favorie smell in the world is gunpowder. I can't get enough, I love it at fireworks too. I also love the way new baby heads smell.

My other weird smell attraction is new books. I LOVE to stick my nose deep into the binding of a new book. DH thinks I am crazy for that one. LOL

Quote:
When I was pregnant with DD we would go to the gas station and my mouth would water. It didn't matter if we had just eaten dinner I'd still have to get a french fry or something.The dr said I was lacking in some minerals.That was 28 yrs ago and I still love the smell of gas.

OK.

I'm thinking some of these should not have been shared
sickbyc.gif
or maybe posted anonymously.
lau.gif
I may never be able to look at some avatars with a straight face again.
tongue.png

I thought I was odd for loving the way coffee or celery smells when I don't like the taste....

Puppy Breath! (I don't think anyone thinks it's weird though, well no one I know)
Horses, clean or not
Skunk but not too strong (I think it's just a less expensive form of civet, which is used in perfumes)
Oil fields... reminds me of family trips to Laguna Beach, by way of Seal Beach & Huntington Beach (which still have oil pumps as far as I know)
Poster Paint! omg nursery school... no chores, no worries, just paint & play 8-]
Benzoin tincture-I don't know why-we used it to make butterfly dressings (now we use steri strips) stick to skin better.
Clean house without air fresheners & perfumes.
Certain smells in machine shop... grease, hot metal... hmmm, reminders of honest work?? 'Course paper money smells good too
wink.png

Woodstove fire with (I think) white cedar... smells kind of like real chili

Dislikes... Stargazer lilies... the white ones with pink airbrush look in the middle of each petal- it's actually a pretty smell but they give me a major sinus headache for about 3 days, so now I find an exit route fast if I smell 'em.

Keep it up folks, these are fun!

Last edited:
I love the smell of the chestnuts when I pick them off my horses legs and I love the smell of earthworms when it rains in the summer! I also love the smell of marsh in the hot summer months!

My son enjoys the smell of skunk, he always takes a deep wiff and says how good it smells!

cow manure in March - I know that spring is almost here, autumn leaves, my hubby at any time, right after it rains, towels on the clothes line, freshly tilled gardens -- veggies or towels, cats while they're sleeping -- take a sniff of their bellies, Lake Michigan, and walking into Yankee Candle Company.
thumbsup.gif

my mom recently gave me her set of Biblical encyclopedias and they still smelled the same!!! she would read them to us when I was little and I loved the smell. the first thing I did when she gave them to me was to open one up and smell it...heavenly!!!

Back
Top Bottom