Smooth silkie leg injury please help!

To be sure if you are dealing with mites or lice, you need only examine one bug under a magnifying lens. You can get them anywhere there is paper and pens for sale. Mites have eight legs and are the bigger problem. Lice have six legs and are much less of an issue. Both can be easily treated with permethrin poultry dusting powder.

It could be lice, which are fast moving, and common under the vent and belly, but also can be under wings and around the neck. They leave white clumps of egg at the base of feathers. Mites are slow moving, and leave specks of droppings on skin. In winter cold, a permethrin garden dust is a better treatment, every 10 days for lice, or every 7 days for mites, at least twice. Permethrin 10 concentrate mixed with water can be used to treat the coop, nests, and roosts, once bedding is removed, before it is replaced with new fresh bedding.

It could be lice, which are fast moving, and common under the vent and belly, but also can be under wings and around the neck. They leave white clumps of egg at the base of feathers. Mites are slow moving, and leave specks of droppings on skin. In winter cold, a permethrin garden dust is a better treatment, every 10 days for lice, or every 7 days for mites, at least twice. Permethrin 10 concentrate mixed with water can be used to treat the coop, nests, and roosts, once bedding is removed, before it is replaced with new fresh bedding.
I have Diametrius earth. I mix it with my dirt. Could it be a reason she is going limp?

Back
Top Bottom