How hard is it to work with the cattle panels to make a hoop coop? I only ask because my in laws convinced my hubby that it would be “too much work”. They are farmers and were dairy farmers at one time.
I’m not sure I could do it without help, so just wondering. Thanks!

How hard is it to work with the cattle panels to make a hoop coop? I only ask because my in laws convinced my hubby that it would be “too much work”. They are farmers and were dairy farmers at one time.
I’m not sure I could do it without help, so just wondering. Thanks!
I am working on my 4th cattle panel hoop coop by myself.. and I am a retired woman LOL.. if you make the base and drag the panel over to it. stick one end in the base, go to the other end and walk it forward so it curves.. then stick than end in the base.... the hardest part is attaching all the wire to each other
and getting the Cattle panel home in the first place

I am working on my 4th cattle panel hoop coop by myself.. and I am a retired woman LOL.. if you make the base and drag the panel over to it. stick one end in the base, go to the other end and walk it forward so it curves.. then stick than end in the base.... the hardest part is attaching all the wire to each other
and getting the Cattle panel home in the first place

Thanks! They will give me all the CP I need, but was making it sound too hard to work with. When you attach it to the side of the frame is this done with poultry staples or some type of staple that needs hammered in?

Thanks! They will give me all the CP I need, but was making it sound too hard to work with. When you attach it to the side of the frame is this done with poultry staples or some type of staple that needs hammered in?
large staples are the cheapest, but I make mistakes and use screws and washers a lot....I have been getting a roll of plumber's strap and using it instead of dropping washers

We used staples and hammered them in... lots of fun for taking out aggression!!! lol... and DH helped with the cattle panels, but they are very easy to bend alone.

............continued......................

Covered in a tarp, held by bungee cords. We already had all of it.

View attachment 1200955

Empty cat litter containers screwed into wood to hold them in place as nesting boxes (free). If you look close, you can see the bald spot where the other coop used to sit... and see the HUGE difference in size from that one to this!!

View attachment 1200956

A small issued arose, so we needed to use a panel from a dog run for the back. We'll be framing up a door ASAP.

We placed a temporary roost in by using a 2x4 wedged into 2 saw horses.

View attachment 1200957 View attachment 1200959

Smuvs, it's awesome, really awesome!!!!!:love

You did us proud! You are the (WO)Man!!!!

Back
Top Bottom