Sneezing chicks one month later: now bubbly eye!!

My chicken has had bubbled eye for about 3 weeks. I kept thinking that if I did nothing she might cure herself with good food and rest. Throw that out of the window! Thank God none of the others have gotten it. I didn't know it was contagieous until I read this thread! She is being treated separately now. I got some Tylan 50 and a 22 gauge needle. ( Well the hubby got it, he works next to TSC). 5 Days will tell!

I just want to thank everyone who posted on this very long thread. I hope she get better. I don't like antibiotics either, but I am hoping this works. She was once a very pretty blue Ameraucana, but being Omega and this resp. infection has really got her looking awful.

Just be forewarned that if you do treat with an antibiotic, you may be treating a virus which will not respond to the meds. Also, both bacterial and viral respiratory infections can make the bird a carrier of that disease, even if you think it's recovered. Always make your decisions from a position of knowledge.

I couldn't find the Tylan. ARRGGGH!!!! Our TSC is so annoying!!!! I'm going to try the oxine and cont' the Duramycin.

speckledhen, you are probably right. But I really couldn't kill this bird! She is quite young too....I'd never breed her though.

This is what is recommended for the oxine,[this was done on a duck] mix 61/2 oz. of oxine into a 1 gallon container with warm water... put this solution into a spray bottle or fogger if you have one and spray the birds faces I believe it's 4x a day for 10 days. heres the site with the information. www.shagbarkbantams.com/oxine.htm I spray all my birds once a week. and also use it in their coop and their water 1/8 tea. to 1 gallon of water every other day. ACV on the other days

Last edited:
Quote:
Aren't you a dear?

A great link you gave me!!

and no I haven't ruled out CRD (or anything!) In fact, i think crd is what it is; but the drag is: What the heck do i know.

Now off to the TSC; and Wynette, we want to hear about you poor sick one. That is so sweet, the medicine dropper baby food thing; kinda like Speckledhens really cute playpen for her crippled Zane.

I hope this saying won't offend you, but I am a (Catholic) monk after all: GOD BLESS YOU GOOD PEOPLE:)

for the record it does not offend me im a calvinist

Strange that I'm having the same continuous sneezing. No bubbly eyes. Please stay that way. Wishing we had an update on the Chickenmonk's chickens, even three years later.

Back
Top Bottom