sneezing/coughing chickens and turkey not sure what to do.

Bertakins12

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 19, 2016
Hi so we have a turkey that originally started with a cough and sounded like she had a sinus infection we have not treated her yet but she is pulled away from the chickens. Well now we have chickens who are clearly sneezing and I'm not sure what to do. Everyone is still eating, drinking and running around like crazy, none of the chickens are acting sick at all. Do we give them VA-200? to all of them, because were not sure who is and isn't sneezing because it's random. If we do give them VA-200 how long and how long do we just throw away the eggs because I've heard you should not eat them. I'm just confused as to what to do. This is new to us since raising chickens.. Thank you for your help.

Is there any nasal discharge? Usually whenever the seasons change my chickens will sneeze for a few days, but they usually get over it okay. I'm not sure what VA-200 is, but usually with respiratory ailments, I have always heard to use tylosan. Maybe have some on hand and administer if anyone gets worse?

How does your turkey look?

Back
Top Bottom