Sneezing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Emily77, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Emily77

Emily77 Chillin' With My Peeps

2DE6FDE2-2A1B-4730-8595-2EDE56D0E00C.jpeg E454CCA7-49FA-4DBD-AFA8-EAC175F52161.jpeg 8BB3D21B-1284-4E84-A2FF-781FB38E7BA8.jpeg My flock of (5 weeks old) 15 chicks and 3 ducks, plus 3 littler 3 week old chicks...I noticed a couple of the older ones sneezing today, got a little more concerned when I felt a wetness spray on me with one sneeze.
    They’ve been out in their heated coop with access to their not-heated run for about a week now, seemingly acclimating well. I live in the Pacific Northwest,warming up now with still cool/cold nights, but they’re in the warmth of the coop at night.
    They’re all eating non-medicated starter crumble because, ducks.
    When should I worry?

2. SavKel&RynKel

SavKel&RynKel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2018
    Bay Area, California
    Oh man... So ours started sneezing when they made it to the coop, we read about it, and to give a poor response, it's okay for them to sneeze. There's a point where it is bad, i don't remember if it was a bloody nose or what.. But sneezing in general is okay. Our issue was the triple distilled shavings and being in the garage was quite a dusty place. I would say look around your coop and try to get the air quality a little cleaner and see if that helps, and hopefully some more knowledgable people chime in with some better ideas!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by