Sneezing

How is the sneezing?  Any change?  I have one bird out of eight that is sneezing, too.  There is some discharge with the sneezing but not a lot.  Other than that she is running around acting normally and eating.

Well I still hear sneezing now and again from my bigger ones..My 2 little SS sneeze but have no fluid..... They all run, play, chase, dig.. Act like chickens.... No head shaking anymore or runny noses.... This weather here is crazy this year!!! Hot cold hot cold rainy rainny cold hot!! Lol...I guess as long as they arnt acting sickly then I'll let them be... Thanks for asking, I hops yours is ok.... I really do think the Vet Rx helps..

She had a really bad night and i thought she was going to die but she came good again shes still sneezing some days more than others and still hasnt spread to our girls. She still running around with the other girls too. Pet shop give me some stuff to give to her i will go get it le

How is the sneezing? Any change? I have one bird out of eight that is sneezing, too. There is some discharge with the sneezing but not a lot. Other than that she is running around acting normally and eating.

I have the exact same thing! I just removed the aspen shavings from the brooder (my girls are one week old today), and at first there seemed to be an improvement, but now I'm not so sure it made any difference. She is acting perfectly normal, but repeated sneezes wake her up as she is falling asleep. No one else is sneezing, and unless her other behavior shows signs of illness, I'm going to just wait this out.

I'd love to hear how all of your birds fared - are they okay? Are they still sneezing? Did you end up giving them medicine?

My birds are doing great. They turned 8 weeks old today. We did have to sell one because he was so aggressive already that he tried to kill one of the other chicks. They are not sleeping on hay anymore and it seems like all the sneezing has stopped. They are doing better outside with wood pellets in their run and eating grass and other greens during their free range times. They are so funny since when I open the door they all try to rush out to run in the paddock. However, after a short amount of time they run back into their coop and just sit there. I think their attention spans are still pretty short.

Back
Top Bottom