snow storm aftermath

Our first winter at this current house the ladies were stuck using their little prefab coop (we moved dec-jan.) We were having an extra wet winter, new yard was all mud so I put up a pop up in front of their coop for a bit of a rain free space, luckily i didn't raise it up...
Over night rain turned to snow, something that is very rare here. I woke up to over a foot and the canopy which had first been swamped with water had collapsed. Took me 2 hours to dig out enough very heavy snow to be able to open the pop door to at least let the girls into their little run. And another 45 min to pull enough of the top away to keep any of the water under the snow from heading their way and be able to open the run door to get them fresh food and water :he
oh man that’s horrible! wet snow is truly the absolute worst, it’s so heavy. i’m sure they yelled at you the entire time, too. chickens are so very impatient. we got a lot of snow last night, and because it’s so windy it drifted a lot. some of the snow i had to shovel was up past my waist! and the girls yelled at me the entire time, i had to keep reassuring them that i was getting closer. the girls yelling at me in one ear and the boys crowing in the other ear :rolleyes: absolute mess

Back
Top Bottom