Snow Storm Surprize

the kid that grows up around guns and watches his older siblings and parents shoot coons away from the birds will not be the kid obsessed with violent video games in high school, he's also not gonna be the kid to go play with said firearm, and after facing off with large coons w/ a baseball bat i gotta say that i would appreciate a pellet gun.
the mink btw is adorable, and bloodthirsty.

We were in Kansas City for the holiday and went shopping this am for the after Christmas sales. I have to say that I have never seen so many women in floor length mink coats fighting over 50% off Christmas decorations! I bet they didn't catch the minks themselves!!!!! Good to be back at BYC!

Besides saving the mink for fur, can you eat them? Mink stew! wondered what they taste like LOL!

Oh give me a break about guns, I got a five year old daughter that is aware of guns but common sense says put it up HIGH up on the bookcase shelf that she can not reach until she is 6ft tall. Unloaded. Those black powder guns are worthless when burglers decide to break in but you can use them for "bluff". However be prepared for the worse if they dare you to shoot. If I had one loaded, they can lose their vision if you aim for their eyes, or burn skin if you get the exposed hand or something of their body. There are no bullets or round bullets in them, just black powder and flour and ready to go. Nasty as they go but effective without killing anyone with it.

Yep, minks are abundant just about everywhere except for dry areas.

Quote:
First of all an UNLOADED gun is a club, and most are really poor clubs.
Secondly a loaded gun is still an inanimate object with NO mind whatsoever.
A gun is ONLY dangerous when held by an untrained, unknowledgable, or evil idiot bent on wrongdoing. All the more reason for me to be armed
Those who wish to take my guns away or those who want you to believe that guns are evil, are far more dangerous than any gun. Again, all the more reason for me to be armed

TEACH your children what a gun will do by showing them. (shoot something) Kids understand more than we give them credit for. Teach them how to handle and shoot it. THEN keep it in a safe place such as a gun rack high on the wall or a high shelf.
I taught all of my kids how to shoot and handle guns starting a 5 years old. Wife was not thrilled at first (she was raised in "guns are dangerous" house) until her 5 year old son was telling his friend that "thats dads gun and we never play with it!!". More lecturing him than kids playing.
I never locked my guns, kept ammo handy but seperate (more so for the uneducated kids who came around to play). Because I took them shooting and trained them my kids were never "curious" about guns. Curious kids can get hurt.

BTW my youngest daughter (26yrs old now) is one the best marksmen I know. She was a natural. She can shoot dust off a gnat.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Big Red Chicken, I'm over here in Chocowinity and have never heard of minks in this area. Of course it took me 20 some years living here before I seen a skunk here. I believe there were some who were run out of their area near Aurora by the mining company area there. Steve of Sands Poultry is also a local and he might know more about our local predators. Chickenplucker

Thats what I was trying to say Milton. I'm a gun lover, have plenty of them. She just sounded concerned and it didnt seem like they had alot of knowlege on them.

Back
Top Bottom