Snowy Mallards!!!!! :)

lovin my birds

Songster
8 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Odessa, MO
So, I hatched out some snowy mallards this sring from 2 different breeders and got lucky enough to get a drake out of one hatch and 4 hens out of the other. Well I lost my drake to a hawk and one of my hens to a fox when she flew the fence by herself when the dogs werent out. Normally they are very protected and stay in the coop but unfortunately things happen. I was wondering if anyone knew where I can find some more snowys. I would like a couple more hens and of course a drake. If anyone knows of anywhere I can find some please let me know. I would prefer adult birds but would take juveniles. I cant take babies right now. I would like them to be ready for breeding season next spring. Thank you!

So, I hatched out some snowy mallards this sring from 2 different breeders and got lucky enough to get a drake out of one hatch and 4 hens out of the other. Well I lost my drake to a hawk and one of my hens to a fox when she flew the fence by herself when the dogs werent out. Normally they are very protected and stay in the coop but unfortunately things happen. I was wondering if anyone knew where I can find some more snowys. I would like a couple more hens and of course a drake. If anyone knows of anywhere I can find some please let me know. I would prefer adult birds but would take juveniles. I cant take babies right now. I would like them to be ready for breeding season next spring. Thank you!
Maybe look on the BUY,Sell Trade thread here on BYC

I have been watching it. Haven't seen anything yet. I have also been watching Craigslist, and a group I am part of on Facebook. Not many people seem to breed them.

I have Snowy Mallards but have none for sale currently. I do have a really nice young drake that I am not going to be keeping for breeding, but I am planning to show him, but he would be available sometime late Fall. If you are interested in him I could sell him for $35.00 OR you can always breed your snowy hens to a gray drake, save a gray drake from the ducklings and breed it back to the snowy hens the next season and then possibly get snowys. Its not 100% as there will be some of the gray drakes in the f1 generation that don't carry the snowy, but some will. We've crossed the two colors several times and hatched very nice offspring from them.

Would you have any hens available. If not that's okay. I would be very interested in your drake if you decide to sell him.

Back
Top Bottom